
How to make avocado banana green smoothie
• Prep time: 5 mins
• Cook time: Nil
• Yield: Makes two glasses
• Level: Easy
Ingredients:::
• 1/2 medium sized avocado, diced.
• 2 medium sized banana
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 1 tbsp. lime juice
• 1/2 cup parsley
• 3 cups Ice cubes or chilled water
Directions:::
Step 1: Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process till smooth. you could start with the parsley and water first, blend till smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients into the blender.
Step 2: Pour into a glass, garnish with parsley and serve chilled.












Bananas turn black whenever I blend them. Do you know why this happens? I'll try this recipe and see since it looks so good but how do I blend my bananas without them turning black or having some kind of after taste?
ReplyDeleteHi Adaeze, This is due to oxidation and it happens when banana is exposed to air. Same thing happens to apples also. Bananas contain an enzyme called polyphenol oxidase that reacts with oxygen in the atmosphere and turns it brown when exposed.
DeleteWill try it out
ReplyDeleteWHEN MY BODY DOESN'T KNOW I'M A CHRISTIAN 2
Do keep us posted k.
Delete